Welcome to Your “Journey To L.I.F.E.”
Your “Journey To L.I.F.E.” (Living In Freedom Everyday), also known as Celebrate Recovery, is a Christ centered 12 step program for those who are ready to embark on a journey of real and lasting change.
This small group course lasts 24 weeks, and gives each participant the skills and support they need for lasting change.
Do you have a Hurt, Hang-up or Habit?
- Do you believe, or want to believe in God, yet can’t seem to?
- Do you want to trust God with your whole life, yet live in fear?
- If you are honest, do you know you are not happy?
- Is serenity only an ideal; seldom experienced?
- Do you find your personal life is troubled?
- Are your relationships clouded by conflict and confusion?
- Do you find people in your life can’t understand you?
- Do others not love you as you feel you should be loved?
- Do you have resentments, anger, fear or loneliness?
- Do you have persistent feelings of low self worth, shame, guilt?
- Do you have recurring pain about relationships and living in general?
- Have you tried to change your behaviours without success?
- Have you tried to change the behaviours of people around you?
- Have you ever called God in on the struggle to change those close to you or yourself without apparent result?
- Do those whom you try to “help” not cooperate?
- Do you feel angry or hurt, asking, ”Why do they resent me”?
- Do you think, “They should just do what I say”?
- Do you tell others, “I am only trying to help them”?
- Have you realized that you can’t even fix your own pain?
- Do your prayers for God’s help not relieve the pain?
- Have you not told anyone of your secret pain?
- Does life not respond to your manipulations?
- Are you realizing you don’t have the needed power?
- Are you lacking spiritual resources to overcome the pain?
- Do you have a difficulty and want to change?
How Do We “Do” Celebrate Recovery?
We meet in same sex small groups, to watch a 20 minute video teaching, and then share together with a guided workbook. All information shared in each group is considered personal and confidential, and each group is led by a trained facilitator.
Eight Recovery Principles Based On The Beatitudes
1. Realize I’m not God; I admit that I am powerless to control my tendency to do the wrong thing and that my life is unmanageable.
“Happy are those who know they are spiritually poor.” Matthew 5:3
2. Earnestly believe that God exists, that I matter to Him, and that He has the power to help me recover.
“Happy are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.” Matthew 5:4
3. Consciously choose to commit all my life and will to Christ’s care and control.
“Happy are the meek.” Matthew 5:5
4. Openly examine and confess my faults to God, to myself and to someone I trust.
“Happy are the pure in heart.” Matthew 5:8
5. Voluntarily submit to every change God wants to make in my life and humbly ask Him to remove my character defects.
“Happy are those whose greatest desire is to do what God requires.” Matthew 5:6
6. Evaluate all my relationships. Offer forgiveness to those who have hurt me and make amends for harm I’ve done to others, except when to do so would harm them or others.
“Happy are the merciful” Matthew 5:7 “Happy are the peacemakers” Matthew 5:9
7. Reserve a daily time with God for self-examination, Bible reading, and prayer in order to know God and His will for my life and to gain the power to follow His will.
8. Yield myself to God to be used to bring this good news to others, both by my example and my words.
“Happy are those who are persecuted because they do what God requires.” Matthew 5:10
Fill out the form below, and we will contact you concerning the next sessions of Celebrate Recovery.